CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
A RIDDLE

When God made Adam out of dust, He thought it best to make me first.
So I was made before man, according to God's Holy plan.
A living being I became, and Adams gave to me my name.
From his presence I then withdrew, and more of Adam never knew.
I did my Maker's law obey, never from it went I astray.
Thousands of miles I go in fear, but seldom on earth do I appear.
For purpose wise, which God did see, He put a living soul in me;
This soul from me my God did claim, He took from me that soul again.
So when from me that soul I gave, I was as when first made.
Without hands or feet or soul, I travel now from pole to pole;
I labor hard by day and night, supplying man with great light.
Thousands of people, both young and old, do by my death great light behold.
No right or wrong can I conceive, the scriptures I cannot believe.
Although my name is therein found, they are to me an empty sound.
No fear of death doth trouble me, no happiness I'll ever see.
To Heaven I will never go, not down to Hell so far below.
Now when these lines you slowly read, go search your Bible with all speed.
Four times my name is written there, I honestly to you declare.

(Can you figure out the answer to this riddle? *without searching the Internet for the answer?* If you think you know, leave it in the comments. Good luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment